As a Project Manager in Community Development, you will be responsible for leading and managing community development projects in Somalia. This will include conducting community assessments, identifying community needs and priorities, and developing and implementing sustainable community development programs. You will work closely with local government officials, community leaders, and other stakeholders to ensure that community development initiatives are inclusive, community-driven, and aligned with local priorities. Additionally, you will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating project progress, managing project budgets and resources, and preparing project reports.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in community development, with experience in fragile and conflict-affected contexts highly preferred
- Strong intercultural and social competence and team-working abilities
- Strong conceptual and methodological skills in the Somali context
- Experience working with government agencies and non-governmental organizations
- Fluent in English
This position offers a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of communities in Somalia.
It’s important to note that Somalia is a country with long-standing civil war, poverty, and lack of infrastructure, your role as a project manager in community development will be crucial in improving the living conditions of the population and promoting development. Community development initiatives focus on empowering local communities to drive their own development by identifying and addressing local needs and priorities.